Attractions Near Lake George, Adirondacks & Saratoga Springs
The Great Escape Lodge is conveniently located in the foothills of the Lake George region, perfectly situated between Saratoga Springs and the beautiful Adirondack Mountains. This central location is ideal for exploring all this scenic area of Upstate NY – attractions offer so much do in all four-seasons, we can’t possibly list it all, but we think you’ll agree, that no matter what reason or season you visit our Lake George resort – family vacations, corporate meetings and conferences, Adirondack wedding parties or Lake George bus tours - will find we’re your year-round vacation destination!
There are so many things to do – all year-round, we recommend you book a stay at the Lodge during all four seasons so you can choose your favorite!
Spring offers the thrills of White Water rafting on the Hudson River. Schedule a guided rafting experience on the rapids, or join the hundreds of annual spectators at the White Water Derby, celebrating over 50 years of thrills and spills on the churning waters of the Hudson River as the winter snow melt rushes down from the Adirondacks. You can also enjoy:
- Golfing on the many nearby courses
- Mountain biking on scenic trails
- Museum visits to The Hyde Collection, the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame, the National Museum of Dance, and many others
- Harness track racing in Saratoga
- Shoreline cruises on Lake George
- Chartered fishing
- Best of all, The Great Escape opens for the season each May
Summer is a whirlwind of activity. Enjoy all the rides and attractions of The Great Escape & Splashwater Kingdom, plus:
- The excitement of The Saratoga Race Track for thoroughbred racing at its finest
- Hiking, biking and horseback riding throughout the Adirondacks, including a hike to the top of Prospect Mountain in Lake George
- Golf at a number of nearby courses, offering some of the best lake and mountain scenery in Upstate New York
- Lake George swimming, sunbathing and boating
- Concerts at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center
- Mini-golf, go-cart racing and so much more!
Fall offers the spectacular scenery of Adirondack Mountain foliage in all its glory. Just a simple car ride through the scenic highways and byways becomes a breathtaking adventure all its own. In addition there are:
- Cruises on Lake George amid the backdrop of changing leaves
- More golfing!
- Apple picking and Hay Rides
- Visits to the pumpkin patch
- The chills and thrills of The Great Escape’s annual Fright Fest featuring the much-anticipated Haunted House.
Winter is many visitors favorite season! The Great Escape may be closed, but the snowfall offers up great opportunities for outdoor sports, and the Indoor Water Park provides balmy weather.
- Enjoy downhill and alpine skiing at some of the best mountains in the Northeast including West Mountain, Gore Mountain, Stratton, Bromley, Killington, Okemo, Hickory and more.
- Take a guided snowmobile tour through the beautiful Adirondacks
- Spend a day tubing at one of the many snow parks
- Enjoy snowshoeing and cross-country skiing in Saratoga, Glens Falls and the Adirondacks
- Visit museums and theaters
- Take in a hockey game at the Glens Falls Civic Center